Call for Papers
RFIAP 2022 (Congrès Reconnaissance des Formes, Image, Apprentissage et Perception)
Vannes, Campus Tohannic, July 5-8 2022
Dead line: March 2 (long papers), March 30 (short papers)
Program chair: Vincent Lepetit (ENPC ParisTech)
RFIAP is an interdisciplinary gathering of researchers at the intersection of pattern recognition, image, perception, and machine learning applied to these topics.
This year, RFIAP will be held jointly with CAp (Conférence sur l’Apprentissage automatique) 2022. Sessions on topics of common interest for the two communities will be organized.
Below is a summary of the important dates and the main novelties of these editions:
- RFIAP will take place from the 5th to the 8th of June 2022
- The submission deadline for RFIAP is the 2nd of March 2022
- Papers accepted in international conferences or international journals can be submitted for oral presentation;
- The authors will have the possibility to write a rebuttal to the reviews.
The conjoint event will host 5 inspiring invited speakers interesting for both communities:
- Diane Larlus, NAVER LABS Europe
- Angelika Kimmig, KU Leuven
- Gilles Louppe, Université de Liège
- Themis Palpanas, Université de Paris
- Christian Theobalt, Max Planck Institut Informatik, Sarrebruck
From the 5th to the 8th of July 2022, AFRIF (Association Française pour la Reconnaissance et l’Interprétation des Formes) and SSFAM (Société Savante Française d’Apprentissage Machine) will jointly organized on the Tohannic campus of Université de Bretagne Sud in Vannes, RFIAP (Reconnaissance des Formes, Image, Apprentissage et Perception) and CAp (Conférence sur l’Apprentissage automatique). The two communities have numerous common research problems and we believe that this co-location will allow for very fruitful discussions. RFIAP will be held from the 5th to the 8th of June while CAp will be help from the 6th to the 8th of June 2022. The two conferences will have separate submission procedures.
We encourage the submission of full research papers (6-8 pages) as well as short papers (2 pages). The short papers track provides an opportunity for sharing valuable early-stage work or results of pluridisciplinary work and encourage discussions. Submitted papers can be either in French or in English.
We also encourage the submission of recent papers accepted to high level conferences and journals in pattern recognition. Papers should be submitted with the same deadline as the regular papers. The conference where the paper was published must be specified at submission. These papers will also be reviewed by the program committee. If accepted, they will be presented at the conference but will not appear in the proceedings.
– Joint Event: July 5-8th, 2022. July 5th will be dedicated to workshops;
– RFIAP papers submission deadline for long papers (6-8 pages): March 2;
– RFIAP papers submission deadline for short papers (2 pages): March 30;
– rebuttal: May 13-20;
– Notification to authors for RFIAP papers: May 4;
Topics of interest include all aspects of computer vision and pattern recognition including, but not limited to:
Scene Analysis and understanding
Vision Applications and Systems
Non-supervised, weakly supervised machine learning, transfer learning, zero- or one-short learning
Medical, Biomedical imaging, bioinformatics
Recognition: Detection, categorization, indexing, and matching
Mathematical modeling for pattern recognition and perception
Face, gesture, and action recognition
Motion and tracking
Vision + Language
Robotics and driving, SLAM, interaction with robots